[C] [Wittrs] Journals and Wittgensteinian Method

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:19:46 -0800 (PST)

... anyone know if there are philosophy journals out there that would publish
something written in Wittgensteinian format? (Numbered sequential thoughts,
chasing a point of concern against ordinary methods of expression, and using
simile a lot). I ask this out of curiosity, not for anything else. In fact, the
reason why I ask is because I assume most surely the answer is "no," given the
way that the form of "scholarship" is constructed today.  Then again, I wonder
if politics doesn't play a role. If Wittgensteinians amounted to any legitimate
presence at all in the academy, wouldn't it be worthwhile to have a
Wittgensteinian journal that could publish things relevant to Wittgenstein,
including book reviews, conventional articles, news, conferences -- and yes,
attempts at the almighty's methods (assuming it was good).

I would love to start a journal one day. What does that cost? Imagine a yearly
volume of Wittrs. (Now imagine a quarterly!). Surely there would be enough
Wittgenstein-relevant matters to have such a thing and enough of an audience to
sustain it in the academy.

Why isn't such a thing around? (Or is it?)

Regards.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University