[Wittrs] Where to Start Learning about Wittgenstein?

  • From: Wittr2Feed <wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: language goes on holiday <wittrsfeed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

From "dergryphonone" (mike green)

Well good evening all. I am here to attempt to learn about the great
philosopher. But, I have no philosophy background other than my MA in political
theory as a sub-field of political science. I had a hard tome trying to get a
screen name so I use one that I use for my writing. It is suppose to be Der
Gryphon One. Looks better with spaces.

As I am trying to learn about Wittgenstein, I am looking at a book called
Wittgensteins's Place in the Twentieth Century Analytic Philosophy by PMS
Hacker. It was recommended to me by Dr Wilson some years ago. I hope to get
some help here and I would like suggestions on . . .. well where to start? As
one who is not a philosopher by nature, where do I start? I look forward to
suggestions. and I am looking forward to checking in every so often.

** Note: This message was forwarded to Wittrs by the Editorial Board, so that
members might enjoy or comment upon it. This is a common practice. If the
message came from another list or rss feed, the link(s) should appear above. In
such a situation, the original author may not see your reply. Members of Wittrs
are encouraged to visit the link(s)that are fed here.