Re: [Wittrs] Where to Start Learning about Wittgenstein?

  • From: Wittr2Feed <wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:47:23 -0700 (PDT)

Der Gryphon One,

I came across Monk's "How to Read Wittgenstein" on Amazon - I haven't read it
but Dr. Wilson may want to chime in and advise if this is a good way to access
Wittgenstein's philosophical approach. Also, Dr. Wilson's class slides from
last quarter may also be helpful - here's the link:
http://seanwilson.org/wiki/doku.php?id=courses:wittgenstein_culture_law. ; You
can also see the textbooks used in the class including Monk's  "The Duty of
Genius."  (Wittgensteinian biography).

Enjoy!

** Note: This message was forwarded to Wittrs by the Editorial Board, so that
members might enjoy or comment upon it. This is a common practice. If the
message came from another list or rss feed, the link(s) should appear above. In
such a situation, the original author may not see your reply. Members of Wittrs
are encouraged to visit the link(s)that are fed here.