[wisb] Re: warbler quiz

  • From: steven lubahn <stevenlubahn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn Post <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 22:33:24 -0500

I'm going out on a limb here either just to humiliate myself or to simply to
buck the trend. I think this is a Bay-breasted Warbler.  The facial pattern is
really hard to read but I see some bright warm yellow in certain areas. The
under tail is not white and shows some buffy tones. The breast has a warm
yellow feel to it, not cool yellow in Blackpoll. The last photo reveals a buffy
color on the flanks as well. Finally, the streaks on the back (if those are
indeed streaks) eliminate Pine.

Steven Lubahn
Cudahy
Milw. Co.