[wisb] Re: warbler quiz

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx, Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:14:30 -0500

The undertail pattern, with white on the inner half and black on the outer,
also argues well for Blackpoll...

My favorite thing in any field guide I own is the two pages of just undertail
patterns in the Peterson warbler guide.  Really helpful in fall migration,
since you're often looking up at the birds overhead anyway.

Peter Fissel
Madison WI