[wisb] Re: warbler quiz

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:39:50 -0500

For the first 3 photos I could have gone with either Pine or Blackpoll
Warbler. The fourth photo shows flesh colored feet and a rather long
primary projection which pushes me toward Blackpoll, and the fifth photo
seems to show streaks on the back and a gray side of neck which
would not be present on Pine, but would on Blackpoll. The only thing missing
is the lack of any streaks on the underparts. So, Blackpoll is
how I would call it.

Thomas Wood,Menomonee Falls,Waukesha County