[wisb] Re: Upcoming MAS field trips

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Jim Schwarz <jfschwar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:41:59 -0500

Hey everyone,
It was pointed out to me that directions would be needed to get to Mazo
Bottoms.  So, if you wish to tag along on my Audubon field trip on Sunday,
here's how to do it:
Meet at the Mazo Bottoms Parking Lot along Laws Dr just north of Mazomanie.
From Madison: Take Hwy 14 to Mazomanie. Take County Y north out of Mazo for
about 3 miles. Turn left on Laws Dr. About half a mile down, you'll see a road
on the left that leads back to a parking lot. That's where we'll be meeting.
Details at the Madison Audubon website:
http://madisonaudubon.org/audubon/fieldtrips/2011FieldTripDetails.htm

Hope to see you Sunday! Keep your fingers crossed that it's nice weather!

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Interpretive Naturalist Mississippi
Explorer Cruises
http://mississippiexplorer.com/chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.nabirding.com/http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)