[wisb] Follow up - Madison Yellow-crowned night heron

  • From: "Paul C." <badgerbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:01:12 -0700 (PDT)

I returned to Daleo Soccer Fields this evening around 5:45 p.m., which is the
location of the yellow-crowned night heron I saw this morning along HWY M. It's
on the north side of Lake Mendota in Madison. No luck. I cruised the general
area to see if I could find it somewhere nearby as I knew there were wetlands
in the area, but didn't realize the extent of the wetlands in an area I've
driven past countless times.

I may try again in the morning to see what I can find.

Paul Capobianco
Madison
Dane Co.