[wisb] Re: Spotted Towhee -- Nine Springs/Madison

  • From: Kyle Lindemer <kyle.lindemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Schaufenbuel <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 21:23:49 -0500

While I am no expert, I think this bird looks very similar to most from
Colorado that are likely to be pure Spotted Towhee.  I feel the argument
for a hybrid is just as good as the argument for a Arcticus subspecies.
 The hybrid photos in eBird show birds that are lacking the spots of the
bird in Madison.  All I can say is that the record committee has their work
cut out for them.

Kyle Lindemer
Madison, Dane County