[wisb] helpful reference to window collisions

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 21:18:38 -0400 (EDT)

I found this helpful article about window collisions/strikes today.   There
are so many variables as to how birds survive or do not survive  collision
with glass.  This brief reference may be of help as we try to  discern
whether or not to take a survivor in for rehab for instance, and really  is
instructive of all the issues involved in strikes..
http://www.birdscreen.com/pdf/klem_afo_injuries1990.pdf

Again, this is an important time to get the screens up, or to  install
tapes on windows especially if you have highly reflective (of trees or  shrubs)
glass, or windows that may allow views through to views/windows on  the
opposite side of the house or room.  Betsy Abert, So. Milwaukee