[wisb] Re: Red-backed Woodpecker?

  • From: Dennis Kuecherer <kuechererdennis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pready@xxxxxxx" <pready@xxxxxxx>, "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 21:52:57 -0800 (PST)

There is a Varied Thrush coming to a window feeder in Three Lakes.  I was sent
3 photos (no question about it) and was asked for recomendations.  There was
one in Tomah several years ago that we kept alive by feeding it fruit, mainly
red and green grapes and apple slices.  The bird is doing well so far, it
attackes the window quite a bit, and hope it hangs in there or gets strong and
heads out.  The owners really do not want visitors tramping around in their
back yard. The person is an old friend of my cousins that used to live in
Crandon.
Dennis Kuecherer
Mequon