[wisb] Owl Surveyors Needed

  • From: "Brady, Ryan S - DNR" <Ryan.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wbciing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wbciing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:34:59 -0500

Despite perpetual winter here in the north the 2014 Western Great Lakes Owl
Survey is drawing near, with observers conducting a single nighttime survey of
their roadside routes in MN and WI between April 1 and 15. Although returning
volunteers have scooped up many of the WI routes, I could use some help filling
those that remain open. Visit the survey's website below to view route
availability and locations and to sign up.

http://wiatri.net/projects/birdroutes/owls.htm

All new surveyors must pass a brief online certification procedure via the owl
page above prior to their survey. Routes will be assigned first-come,
first-serve but keep in mind I need to manually approve your request so it may
take a few days before the map symbol changes from green (available) to red
(assigned). As such it's possible that a route shows as green even if someone
else has already requested it.  You will receive an email reply from me one way
or another to let you know if the route is yours or you need to select an
alternative.

Thanks for your interest in this survey!
Ryan

Ryan Brady
WBCI Bird Monitoring Coordinator & Research Scientist
Bureau of Wildlife Management
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
2501 Golf Course Road
Ashland, Wisconsin 54806
(() phone:      (715) 685-2933
(() e-mail:     ryan.brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website:  www.dnr.wi.gov
Find us on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/WIDNR

Customer service is important to us. Please tell us how we are doing.
Land Division Customer Service Survey
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LandDivision