[wisb] Here in Illinois...

  • From: Mike Duchek <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:45:14 -0500

Here at Pere Marquette SP in Illinois on the Mississippi not too far from St.
Louis.  Spring is definitely here even if it's not in Wisconsin yet -
everything is green and blooming and you can walk around with just a t shirt
on, warbling vireo singing outside our window, tufted titmice, chimney swifts,
and I think GC flycatcher, etc...  But big storm came through last night with
tornadoes through St. Louis with lots of damage.

Anyway wondering if anyone can help me ID a call I keep hearing, sounds kind of
like a pine siskin's ascending zhreeet but dryer sounding.  Does this ring a
bell?

-Mike Duchek, Waukesha, WI but currently in Grafton, IL