[wisb] Florence Co spring

  • From: "Kay Kavanagh" <kkav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 10:10:16 -0500

This morning despite an overnight dusting of ice/snow our small lake was about
3/4 ice free.  Last year ice out was March 31, so we are about 3 weeks late
this year.  Total of 38 species found here at home this morning in 34F temp
with highlights:
3 nesting duck species despite the ice
3 shorebirds, Greater Yellowlegs, Wilson's Snipe, American Woodcock
Winter Wren singing
4 Hermit Thrush singing
4 Yellow-rumped Warbler
5 sparrow species with Am Tree, Fox, Song, Swamp singing

Kay Kavanagh
Aurora Florence Co