[wisb] Florence Co spring

  • From: "Kay Kavanagh" <kkav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:12:26 -0500

This morning despite an early shower of 1/2" of snow which covered the roads, I
took an 18 mile bike trip to the Menominee River in Aurora and back.  I was
awarded with sightings of 11 new 'green' birds for the year.  Including early
birds at our place I found 46 species.  Phoebe, Bluebirds, Robins, Cardinals
and Sparrows were singing.  Highlights included:
10 Snow Geese
1  Common Loon*
1  Am Woodcock
1  N Saw-whet Owl
1  Eastern Phoebe*
10 Tree Swallow
1  Eastern Bluebird*
3  Fox Sparrow*
6  Song Sparrow*
5  N Cardinal
*FOY
It was such a pleasure to finally have a few passerines to enjoy after a long
winter.

Kay Kavanagh
Aurora Florence Co