[wisb] Re: Grey Partridge/Snow Buntings

  • From: Curt Heuer <heuers3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:35:30 -0600

We found the Grey Partridge around 3:00 this afternoon (Saturday) in the
Southeast corner of the Shirley Road / CTY W intersection.  There were around
10 birds working through a plowed field about 50 yards from the roadway.   We
only found 2 Snow Buntings - in the same general vicinity.  The bonus was a
Snowy Owl (probably female) sitting on top of a power pole at the edge of the
road.  This was just north of the intersection of CTY X (Monroe Rd) and
Morrison Rd.  The Snowy was our second for the day - the other was a female on
the east side of B/K Line Road between Luxemburg Rd. and Humbolt Rd, Brown
County about 1/4 mile from Humbolt.  This owl has been there for several weeks
(we saw it first on New Years day).

Curt Heuer
New Franken, Brown County####################