[wisb] Snipe hunt

  • From: Paul Schwalbe <p.g6schwalbe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:46:36 -0600

Dear Birders:

Yes it was a snipe hunt, but successful!

Last year we reported one Wilson's Snipe found on 31 January in Roelke
Creek where it crosses Schliesman Rd., about two miles north of Rio.
P 36 top, in old atlas.  But don't look for the name Schliesman in the
atlas, it isn't there.  The road runs north between Taylor Rd. and
Waters Rd.  We also reported six seen there on 12 March last year.

Today (16 Jan 2010) we decided to check this spot for snipe again.
Well there was one there.  This area must have all of the requirements
for winter snipe.

We will continue to check this spot.

Good birding..............         Paul & Goenna

--
Paul & Glenna Schwalbe
Pardeeville, Columbia Co.