[wisb] Bald Eagles in Prairie du Sac

  • From: "Michael Sears" <msears1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:52:12 -0600

I was in Prairie du Sac today.  By noon  there were a total of 3 Bald Eagles
at various locations along the river near the downtown area.  There is a lot
of open water along the river, and numbers were low.  Not a lot of fishing
by the eagles either.

  After sunrise I observed no Bald Eagles until about 9a.m. when one adult
finally perched on "Eagle Island".  All the people there for Eagle Watching
Days, seemed to be having fun, and it was gridlock downtown at various
times. - Michael Sears, Nashotah WI. (Waukesha County).