[wisb] Calumet County Park

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:01:48 -0600

On the way to a meeting at Horicon Marsh this morning I stopped at
Calumet County Park.  There is an impressive flock of Robins at the
north end, feeding on various berries.  Easily 200 were moving around
the area.  Also there was a Brown Creeper and N. Flicker.  On the
road out from the park, just beyond the entrance, a Fox Sparrow and 2
Song Sparrows were feeding on the shoulder of the road.  The two
feeders in the park had the standard winter birds.
A Redwinged Blackbird was at a feeder on Main Dike Rd at Horicon
Marsh.  This is the last home on the north side before the road
curves to the north (gate closed).  (Thanks to Bob who clued me on
the presence of it at the feeder.)
Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI