[wisb] Re: Black-legged Kittiwake?

  • From: John Idzikowski <idzikoj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 10:18:53 -0600 (CST)

I think that a Kittiwake has a greater chance of occurrence now than a Boni in
Milwaukee. Bonis are very cold sensitive and leave the state mostly by the end
of Nov. Even when we had a large warm water plume emitting from the Jones' Is.
sewage filtration plant and they fed here daily into Dec. they readily left
when faced with cold weather like we have had in the last 3 weeks such that
they are essentially absent historically from Milwaukee in January.

John Idzikowski
Milwaukee