[wisb] B. Oriole Revision - Columbia Co.

  • From: Lester Doyle <zzzlester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 10:11:46 -0500

All:  Embarrassed to admit it, but I made the "call" based on "call".
I have lots of Orioles in my neighborhood during the spring and summer and
I heard the familiar sound, twice, when I went to my car.

After speaking with Peter, he said that it would be the second earliest
date for the Bird and that there are a few other birds that sound almost
the same.

Songs and etc are not my strong suit, even though I felt comfortable enough
with this one to ID and report, my next Oriole report will be visual.

Have mercy on my poor auditory bird skills,

Lester Doyle
Lodi/Harmony Grove
Columbia Co.