[wisb] Ross's Goose (Snow?) Greenfield Park, West Allis

  • From: "Wright Family" <thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 09:58:40 -0500

Stopped by Greenfield Park in West Allis to see what activity was there.
There were a pair of Pied-billed Grebes.

While watching a pair of Great Blue Herons, a Canada Goose was making a
bunch of noise as it flew in from the northwest.  It was following a much
smaller white bird, that from afar, I thought was a gull.  I had to walk
around to the south side of the pond.  It was a much smaller white goose.

From my guide, it lacks the orange tint near it's bill ,so I suspect it is a
Ross's Goose.  Certainly feel free to chime in if you think otherwise.

It was there for about 45 minutes enjoying some grass.

Here is a photo of the two geese and the GBHs:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/

Thanks,

Tom Wright

Wales, WI