[windows_errors] Re: [WEMRM_WinXP] Run DLL ERROR

  • From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: What_Error_Messages_Really_Mean_WinXP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:06:03 -0800 (PST)

Temporary fix- after Windows starts, go to Run and type msconfig then hit the
ENTER key.. On the StartUp tab, uncheck Wild Tangent, it's causing an error
then probably because the removal didn't completely do it. Also go to
Start>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs. If Wild Tangent is listed there, try
and remove it. It is a known spyware. Wild Tangent usually tags along with
Weather Bug and AIM. Weather Bug is another pain.
If the above does not work, unregister the cdaEngine0400.dll. To do that:
Click Start>Run>type the following:
regsvr32 /u cdaEngine0400.dll

Hit Enter.
Now, go to C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll
in Windows Explorer and delete that dll file.

indicarol <indicarol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could someone please explain to me what this is and what I need to
do? Thanks!

Everytime I boot my computer this error pops up:

RUNDLL

Error Loading C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll

I've been having problems accessing some programs from the outset of
this error.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks,

Carolyn

GO NAPSTER
1 MILLION songs, 30-day trial. Military discount. Only $14.95 a month. Dump
iTune$.
MCH - http://shorterlink.com/?PBFUJ5

<<< Just a friendly reminder to please trim your messages as a courtesy to
members on Digest Mode and/or still using Dial-Up connections and have to pay
for their time to download the mail. Directory: http://wemrm.8m.com/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/