[windows_errors] Re: [WEMRM_WinXP] Run DLL ERROR

  • From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: What_Error_Messages_Really_Mean_WinXP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:14:54 -0800 (PST)

Have you tried removing WildTangent from Add/Remove Programs?

Launch your Registry Editor. Click Start>Run>type regedit>Enter. Look in this
registry key for an entry named WildTangent CDA here:

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Then to SOFTWARE
Then to Microsoft
Then to Windows
Then to CurrentVersion
Then lastly go to Run

Delete that entry (WildTangent CDA) and you will no longer get the message.

indicarol wrote:

Thanks for responding to my plea for help; I appreciate it. Could I bug you for
some more help.

I followed your suggestion and got as far as step 3, run regsvr32 /u
cdaEngine0400.dll and i got this msg:

LoadLibrary("cdaEngine0400.dll")failed.
The specified module could not be found

What should I do next?

Thanks

--- In What_Error_Messages_Really_Mean_WinXP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Seantific <spunkovision@xxxx> wrote: Temporary fix- after Windows starts, go to
Run and type msconfig then hit the ENTER key.. On the StartUp tab, uncheck Wild
Tangent, it's causing an error then probably because the removal didn't
completely do it. Also go to Start>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs. If Wild
Tangent is listed there, try and remove it. It is a known spyware. Wild Tangent
usually tags along with Weather Bug and AIM. Weather Bug is another pain. If
the above does not work, unregister the cdaEngine0400.dll. To do that: Click
Start>Run>type the following: regsvr32 /u cdaEngine0400.dll

Hit Enter. Now, go to C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll in
Windows Explorer and delete that dll file.

indicarol wrote:

Could someone please explain to me what this is and what I need to do? Thanks!

Everytime I boot my computer this error pops up:

RUNDLL

Error Loading C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll

I've been having problems accessing some programs from the outset of this error.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks,

Carolyn

GO NAPSTER
1 MILLION songs, 30-day trial. Military discount. Only $14.95 a month. Dump
iTune$.
MCH - http://shorterlink.com/?PBFUJ5

<<< Just a friendly reminder to please trim your messages as a courtesy to
members on Digest Mode and/or still using Dial-Up connections and have to pay
for their time to download the mail. Directory: http://wemrm.8m.com/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/