[windows2000] Re: ot- networking forums

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:14:01 -0400

What kind of NATting is going on (actually, PATting, do be specific)?

Without listing specific IP addresses, can you give us an idea as to how
this is set up?

If I had to guess:

Internet Cloud ->
(Cisco 2600 External with the Public IP address assigned to your company
by your ISP)  ->
(Cisco 2600 Internal on Private IP Range #1) ->
(Netscreen External on Private IP Range #1) ->
(Netscreen Internal on Private IP Range #2)

It also sounds like you do not have ISA between the clients and the
netscreen, but rather it is another client on your internal network, and
the clients are set to contact the ISA server as their proxy.

Do I have it right?  Or does the chain I made above continue like this:

-->
(ISA External Private IP Range #2) ->
(ISA internal Private IP Range #3) ->
Clients
Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Farrugia, Paul
Posted At: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 3:02 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: ot- networking forums
Subject: [windows2000] Re: ot- networking forums

Thanks for the response..... here's my problem...

I am trying to setup a direct internet connection. Right now our
internet comes in through a Cisco 2600 router. The router then connects
to a NetScreen 25 firewall then a managed switch. We also have an ISA
server that is connected to this switch which is used as our proxy. All
internet traffic is routed through the ISA server then the firewall then
the router. I need to set up one direct internet connection that will
bypass both the firewall and the ISA server. I plugged into the switch
but couldn't get any internet without my proxy settings which doesn't
help me. I also tried putting a hub between the router and firewall and
plugging into that but didn't have any luck.  I was also thinking of
creating a separate vlan on the switch but I am not to sure on how to
program the switch and tell it to route traffic in the separate vlan
directly to the router (if that is even possible). The switch is a 3com
superstack3 4250t. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Farrugia, Paul
Posted At: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 2:02 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: ot- networking forums
Subject: [windows2000] ot- networking forums
Does anyone know of any good message boards or list servers for
networking? I have some network related issues and can't find an
answer.....

Thanks,

Paul.