[windows2000] Re: *.bat files under windows!

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 05:57:23 -0800 (PST)

And instead of .bat make the file extension .cmd so it doesn't run in 16 bit
mode.
  Jim Kenzig

"Richard F. Strait" <wrote:
  Thank you Grant, I hadn't worked with *.bat files for a long time. The
use of the PAUSE command showed me the error of my ways and now I am off
and running!

Thanks

rfstrait@xxxxxxxx

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:59:59 -0800 "Grant, Lachlan ISMC:EX"
writes:
> Batch (*.bat)files still work, and are used very extensively.
>
> Perhaps use the PAUSE command at the end of your batch file to see
> why
> it isn't working. I'm guessing, but I think the batch file is
> running,
> then erroring out (perhaps can't find the file specified?), then it
> closes the command window as it has finished processing the
> commands.
>
> Just a guess...!
>
> Lachlan.

Jim Kenzig