[windows2000] Re: *.bat files under windows!

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:14:09 -0800

Hey, I didn't know that!  Thanks.

Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

“If you have a strong enough why you can bear almost any how.” --Nietzsche

Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com wrote:
And instead of .bat make the file extension .cmd so it doesn't run in 16 bit mode. Jim Kenzig

"Richard F. Strait" <wrote:
  Thank you Grant, I hadn't worked with *.bat files for a long time. The
use of the PAUSE command showed me the error of my ways and now I am off
and running!

Thanks

rfstrait@xxxxxxxx

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:59:59 -0800 "Grant, Lachlan ISMC:EX"
writes:

Batch (*.bat)files still work, and are used very extensively.

Perhaps use the PAUSE command at the end of your batch file to see why
it isn't working. I'm guessing, but I think the batch file is running,
then erroring out (perhaps can't find the file specified?), then it
closes the command window as it has finished processing the commands.

Just a guess...!

Lachlan.