[windows2000] Re: Windows XP Printer autocreation detection

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:26:12 -0500

I don't know,  but apparently XP requires you keep those HUGE printer help
files around (these are XP embedded thin clients so space is a
premium)whether you need them or not and considers them as part of the
driver. It is hit or miss too depending on the printer. The HP LJ 1200
doesn't care if you delete the help file but Lexmark and HP LJ 1100 don't
like it.
It is still a bug in my book because it shouldn't even be trying to load the
driver if you haven't give the user access to the printer in the first
place.

JK