[windows2000] Re: Windows XP Printer autocreation detection

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 07:24:52 -0500

Yeah but I have 300 of these systems to put out...that is a tedious solution
at best. I actually figured out what the problem was, there was a help file
missing when the driver was installed so the new user logging in would not
detect the driver as being installed and try and install it. If you read the
article even if you elevate ACL's it won't work so that isn't a solution.
This is a bug because if users don't have access and never will have access
to install a local printer then windows certainly shouldn't be trying to run
the install wizard and install the driver for a local printer again when you
plug it in logged in as a user.