[windows2000] Re: Windows Explorer alternative

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:56:37 -0500

I’ve been using the xplorer2 program, and it’s alright.  It’s hard to get in
the habit of not using Windows Explorer.  The explorer2 has often been a bit
too hardcore though.  I basically want Windows Explorer with a keyboard
shortcut for a new folder, tabs, breadcrumbs, and perhaps a few paste-special
features.  The xplorer2 has a pretty big learning curve!  I have 2 days left on
my trial, and I probably will buy it.  I’d rather have something that has more
features than I’ll probably use than not enough.  Chances are if I do make the
switch and get used to it, I will find myself discovering uses for the features
that I think I won’t use today.

Of course, I just looked at the Speedcommander program, and it looks kinda
nice.  J

Ray