[windows2000] Re: Thin Client Project

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:05:21 +1200

We had wyse thin clients at my last job for a while and they were junk.
They would power off randomly for no reason.  The user would be typing along
and <boom> they were off.  They would also randomly reset to factory
settings.  Following a long weekend, users would come to work and they would
be back at the out of the box settings.  Not all of them, just a few.  It
was maddening to support and after spending a small fortune in shipping
costs to RMA one or two a week, we trashed them all for Neoware thin
clients.

Wyse said the problems were dur to poor power in our buildings.  they were
all built by the same company so i could accept that.  They also said other
customers didn't report these issues.  All i know is we didn't have any
similar problems with Neoware thin clients.  It has been a few years but my
dealings with Wyse were not good and I will never buy one of their products
again.

Greg