[windows2000] Re: TEK Systems

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:18:33 +0100

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:45:12 -0500, Ray at home wrote:

>> So TEK Systems are a staffing service? If that's the case,
>> prepare with something soothing for your stomach... 8-/
>
>Yes, it's a consulting firm.  I feel as though I've sold my soul to Lucifer
>doing this, since I hate consultants.  But hey, I'll be one of the good
>ones, or perhaps /the/ good one.

Go Ray go! 8-)

>> I have a few friends who've tried this kind of employment.
>> Most of them aren't there anymore after two years.
>
>I don't anticipate doing this for more than two years.  Here are the
>possibilities I see:
>
>First job is 6-9 months.  At end of 6-9 months, one of three things will
>happen:
>       1.  Another 6-9 month job at same company
>       2.  Another job at another company
>       3.  Company offers me full time position

Ah, it's long-term temp staffing. The friends I mentioned, were at
their respective job about three days a week, then changed
workplace an repeated the procedure. One of them said he'd been to
17 different places in one week. Stomach-lining destructive...

You aren't happy with the employment at that place you're at now (a
bank?), if you don't mind me asking?

>If 1, perfect.  If 2, that could be good for experience, and I'll take it.
>If 3, well, that'll depend on the offer.  It's a hell of a good company to
>work for (Harleysville Insurance), so I'm sure I'd consider it.
>
>If 1 or 2 happens, after two years, I will make an attempt to just go be
>Ray, Inc. or something and break off from this TEK Systems company.
>
>If 3 happens, I'll work there until I burn out and then go after one of my
>dream jobs:
>       1.  Electrical department at Home Depot
>       2.  Stop sign turner in road construction zones
>       3.  Freelance truck driver, assuming I've saved up enough cash to
>get one of these:
>
>http://www.peterbilt.com/index_gal_mod_desc.asp?model=model379

LOL! You as a truck-driver? You never struck me as the truck-driver
type in smelly baggy blue-jeans and a cowboy straw-hat, chewing
tobacco. 8-)

I've seen Convoy, BTW. 8-)

>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077369/

BW,