[windows2000] Slight OT:question on a CD rom

  • From: "Jonathan Jesse" <jjesse@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:30:55 -0500

Wow it seems like a lot of my posts lately have asked off-topic
questions, but you guys have never let me down in the past so I'm asking
away

I burned over a directory to CD before Christmas of 2005 for a user and
in the past have been able to access data on the disk before I turned it
back over to the user.  Recently the user came to me saying that she
could not open up any of the word documents or any of PDFs.  The file
structure and folders are there, but when I click on any of the word
documents, Word asks for the format they are (Unicode, Westernized,
etc).  I have tried the cd on varios pcs and am getting the same
results, any help or ideas?

Jonathan Jesse

Network Administrator

Founders Trust Personal Bank

616-575-3776

jjesse@xxxxxxxx

This page and any accompanying documents contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you are
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein
(including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited.  If you
received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the
sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic
or hard copy format.