[windows2000] Re: Slight OT:question on a CD rom

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <RCostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:03:01 -0500

Although it'd be odd for this to cause encoding prompts, but it could be
a problem opening a Word doc off read-only media like a CD, since Word
wants to create that ~docname.doc temporary copy of any file it opens.
I don't know if his PDF viewer also does that, but if it's that piece of
s**t Adobe Reader, anything's possible.

Ray at work