[windows2000] Re: Odd Message from Word

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:01:03 +0100

I get this more or less regularly. Haven't a cure yet. The document
sizes range from a simple text-only two-pager to whole 100pp+
dissertation papers with graphs, formatting, pictures, you name it.

Like at your place, the event logs are uninformational, to say the
least...

A few times I've been able to copy the whole content, close down
word and starting it a-new and pasting the contents back, after
which a save was possible. This succeeds about one time in five...

So far I've blamed Office 2000 for being buggy, and let it be at
that, and advised the users to save their documents in versions,
like document_v1.doc, document_v2.doc etc.

And, oh, I hate mondays too... 8-]

--Original Message Text---
From: Greg Reese
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:36:37 -0500

Odd Message from Word

I had a user who was working in Word 2000 and tried to save a
document.  Nothing out of the ordinary, about 13 pages, three or
four embedded spreadsheets with about 10 rows each.

When he tried to save it and got an error message about being out
of disk space or too many files being open.  There are no space
problems on his pc or the network.  We crashed his pc and opened
the auto recover file and got most of his work back.  He can now
save it just fine.

Has anyone seen this before?  I have been asked to find out the why
of it but am not seeing much.  The event logs have nothing in them.

Mondays are so much fun.

Greg

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: asynchronous inode failure