[windows2000] Re: OT: My latest blog posting which I made a point to send to Ballmer and friends via email.

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:59:35 +0200

Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms <> scribbled on Friday, August 22, 2008 4:12 PM:

Sorry. I used unfortunate wording. This whole affair thing is really getting
to me. For all those years I've been working with computers I think half has
been put on getting 3rd party software to work as expected in our environment.
It just *can't* all be Microsoft's fault. But MS does need to get their thing
together as well. The sell-rate for Vista tells it all.

My pet-peeve par excellence is Palm Desktop that needs a domain admin to
install it in order for some registry entries to be at all written. Then the
user needs to have higher-than-usual privs in order to use the software... I
have had *no problems whatsoever* with Palm Desktop whenever the user has had
Domain admin permissions. I feel that is not the way to do things.
        About a year ago I decided to enforce a department policy stating only
Windows Mobile is supported, and per extension Active Sync. This combo has yet
to leave me to leave me wanting. Palm Desktop OTOH needs more or less constant
attention. 8-P

PalmOne devices are good, but the connection software leaves a lot to be
desired, although with the latest releases they've started to get their crap
together... Pardon my french, but this problem really bugs me...

Note that I mean PalmOne devices running PalmOS. The Windows-based devices are
as usable as any mobile windows gadgets using Active Sync.

> OH Yes IT IS third party software's problem.  I state that it isn't
> Microsofts problem.  But it IS Microsoft's problem because I can't use the
> OS if 3rd part programs don't work with it.  My point of the article is to
> encourage Microsoft to ENGAGE as I said vendors and help them get their
> products to work on Vista.  It is going to get any better with Windows 7
> because the base code is really just Vista.  They need to start now.
>
> Jim Kenzig
> Blog: http://www.techblink.com
>

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote: