[windows2000] Re: OT: My latest blog posting which I made a point to send to Ballmer and friends via email.

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:02:52 +0200

Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms <> scribbled on Friday, August 22, 2008 3:41 PM:

>These vendors deem their software
> Vista compatible but in reality they are only Vista compatible if the user
> is local and not on a domain or is an administrator.

Oh, man. This is so Win98-to-WinNT/2k migration frustration all over again...
Some software just isn't multi-user environment aware (Hello PalmOne! Do you
still need to have Domain Admin-permissions when installing Palm Desktop, to be
able to able to use Palm Desktop as a Domain User afterwards? >>8->), and never
will be...

You really sure this isn't a 3rd party software problem?