[windows2000] Re: Linux to windows

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:50:32 -0700

I had thought about that but failed to put it in my message! :-(  Also,
be aware that when you use PM (Partition Magic) to delete partitions and
to create them, if the drive is a extended partition, the 8mb space will
be at the beginning of the drive, thus it can not be a primary partition
as far as windows is concerned.  You can still install Windows on the
fist partition, as long as there is another drive with the
primary/active partition already established.

Hopefully that all came out alright and understandable! :-)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:42:18 -0500, "Perez, Ricardo V"
<Ricardo.Perez@xxxxxxxxxxx> took time to say the following:

> Re: [windows2000] Re: Linux to windows
> I recommend you use a Partition Magic or only fdisk to delete all the
> partitions on your disk, but before to do that run "fdisk /mbr" to reset the
> master boot record
> Best Regards
>
> Phone: 1 214 370 6886 (Dallas VoIP)
> Email: ricardo.perez@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Pager: ricardoperezv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
> message.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels