Re: getting things moving (was Re: Proportional fonts)

  • From: ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:16:04 -0400

> I understand that use of the zero-cost version of bitkeeper would prevent
> those of us (eg me) who develop other revision control systems from
> using it.

ah, are you developing other source code control systems?
hm. that may be a problem.

> How have you found it more convincing?  I think the competition will be
> between svn and arch (and new things, possibly) in the long term, not bk.

i'm not going to argue this at length, as it is only an idea at present.
if i were using it, you would find it under its openlog. it probably has
the best merge/conflict resolution in the business, something i find very
important. in any case i'm agnostic for the most part, having used sccs,
teamware, rcs, cvs, bk, clearcase et al. when we we need to choose one
for a few people to change code, we can select something... [you see, one
reason people keep using cvs is that they don't have to argue about the
next best thing they want to use; they all agree about the mediocrity
of what they have that more or less works... :)]

oz