Re: getting things moving (was Re: Proportional fonts)

  • From: "Mark H. Wilkinson" <mhw+wily@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 31 Jul 2003 18:49:35 +0100

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 18:32, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2003-07-31 17:56:45 +0100 Mark H. Wilkinson <mhw+wily@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > A while ago we discussed the possibility of putting the code into one
> > of
> > the public project-hosting sites. The options seem to be:
>
> I don't really remember, but why not make an arch archive of it and
> upload it somewhere, as a starting point?
> http://arch.fifthvision.net/ has some pages on it and
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnu-arch shows where one
> implementation is heading.

Hmm; I'm not familiar with arch, so would have a preference for a CVS
repository. Are there sites offering free arch-hosting, or does that
concept not make sense?

> > So, is it worth going through the process of getting the source code
> > into one of these public repositories?
>
> It's worth publishing it, but are you going to remain the maintainer
> (please)?

I'm happy to carry on maintaining the code, integrating patches and such
like. I'm just hoping that by opening things up a bit development might
start to actually move forward, rather than remaining at a stand-still!

-Mark.