[webproducers] Re: iPhone App budgets

  • From: Justin Kim <jlkim@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:16:38 -0400

This is a little off the subject, but is there any reason to not do
this as a web app?  It will probably simplify development and the
skill set for building HTML with a simple database driven back end is
much more common than iPhone development.

The only two negatives that I can think of are:
* You'll  need a live network connection for it to work.  However, if
one of the end points of the app is a phone call, you'll need a
wireless signal anyway.

* You'll need hosting for the back end to provide the pre-defined
list of the user's friends.  You may be able to piggy back off of
your client's existing hosting, depending on how much traffic you
expect.  You mention that some of the questions will come from an
upload, so you may need this anyway.

Justin

At 3:22 PM -0500 9/15/09, Kirk R Cameron wrote:
>Thanks for the prompt feedback!
>
>I knew I was being too vague and obtuse so here's a little more
>insight as I understand the functionality...
>
>The App is a branching multiple-choice survey, so it will largely, if
>not entirely, be text driven.  It is basically a mood evaluation that
>helps lead people to properly understanding of their mood.  The
>ultimate conclusion is to drive them to a better evaluation OR to
>make a phone call to a list of pre-defined friends.  Pretty simple
>stuff.  No laser beams.  No tilt switch integration. But it WILL grab
>some of the more specific, advanced questions from an upload.
>
>Now... can anyone get more specific and help me?
>
>-Kirk

--=
Too much e-mail? Manage your subscription at at
http://webproducers.org/?page_id=9

Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org

Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g

Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim your posts
and delete personal information if you do not want them in the public web
archive.