[webproducers] Re: iPhone App budgets

  • From: Tamara Samassekou <tsamassekou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:06:08 -0400

One more thing: I strongly suggest extreme care if your app is to be
localized. Thinking about this early and building it in from the
beginning will save quite a few headaches. Make your text doc early so
you can save the developers time.

Scope out your timely and leave plenty of room for each step. This
could take a few months to do right. I would recommend no less than 6
weeks, with 2-4 months being more comfortable. Again, these are
generalities and it would all depend on the nature of your app.

Put some real time into making sure your concept has utility and
replay value. With so many apps in the store, you have to hook 'em and
keep 'em or get lost in the maze of options.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Kirk R Cameron <kirkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> -Kirk
>

> On Sep 15, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Steven Hubert wrote:
>
>> Kirk,
>> Without letting us know what the desired functionality is for the
>> application it is next to impossible to predict the cost of
>> development of
>> the application. If you could give even a little bit more info
>> about the
>> info we could give you more info.
>>
>> In terms of turnaround time I would err on the side of caution as
>> Apple has
>> to approve every app, which means if they are lazy (which happens
>> sometimes)
>> the app can sit in the submitted queue for months on end with
>> nothing you or
>> your Client can do to push apple on.
>>
>> Hope some of this helps,
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Kirk R Cameron
>> <kirkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering when a client was going to ask me this and it
>>> finally
>>> happened.
>>>
>>> I have a non-profit client that has a pretty strong idea for an App
>>> and they asked me how much development/build and launch would cost.
>>> Can anyone give me a range of budgets they've seen and rough turn-
>>> around times?  I know it's an obtuse question.  The only specific
>>> info that may impact these figure will be that the App must interact
>>> with Contacts and Phone so it will dig a little deep into the Apple
>>> iPhone OS.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -Kirk
>>>

>>> --=
>>> Too much e-mail? Manage your subscription at at
>>> http://webproducers.org/?page_id=9
>>>
>>> Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>>>
>>> Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?
>>> gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g
>>>

>>> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim
>>> your
>>> posts and delete personal information if you do not want them in
>>> the public
>>> web archive.
>>>

>> --=
>> Too much e-mail? Manage your subscription at at http://
>> webproducers.org/?page_id=9
>>
>> Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>>
>> Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?
>> gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g
>>

>> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim
>> your posts and delete personal information if you do not want them
>> in the public web archive.
>>

> --=
> Too much e-mail? Manage your subscription at at
> http://webproducers.org/?page_id=9
>
> Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>
> Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g
>

> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim
> your posts and delete personal information if you do not want them

--=