[webproducers] Re: helping clients express what they want for design

  • From: "dschreck" <dschreck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:10:36 -0500

Asking which Sites the client likes is not enough. You must find out WHY
he/she likes them.

Is it the look & feel; the graphics; colors; type styling; page layout; etc?
Is it the content? The kinds of content and the way it is presented?
Is it the navigation? The way it works and looks?

What are the common elements of the selected sites and what does that say
about what the client says he/she likes?

What does all this have to say about the stated purpose, function, reason
for the proposed Site?

How do existing Brand considerations fit into all this?

That's just a start.

Don