[webproducers] Re: helping clients express what they want for design

  • From: Scott Spence <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:53:38 +0000 (GMT)

He he he he...

you must be joking Morry - questions, with answers that the client
*actually* sticks to? (I know a mind reader in the Camden markets...)

Seriously though, I find the best way to get an idea of what the client
want is to ask for examples of web sites that they like. I think one of
the most important things is to make sure that you manage the client's
expectations from this point. Always better to impress than disappoint!
When asking a 'series' of questions unless the client is technical avoid
any terms such as 'frames', 'flash', 'javascript', 'gifs' or 'transitional
progressive encoding' :-)

KISS

Scott

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, m o r r y wrote:

> I got a request from somebody to suggest a good resource or list of
> questions etc. to help a client to express what they like design-wise to
> help start the design process.
>
> Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
>
> thanks.
>
> morry

> Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail  info at webproducers dot org

--------
London, United Kingdom +44 (0)7 957 460 104
Project Management Consultant
Mentoring * Health Checks * Planning * PRINCE2
http://www.crazycolour.com/consulting/

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail  info at webproducers dot org