[wdmaudiodev] Re: USB audio record problem

  • From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:52:47 +0200

On 10/26/2011 09:43 PM, Daniel E. Germann wrote:
>  > I would not be surprised if the answer was "the Windows XP USB audio driver
>  > does not support 24-bit audio" but I honestly don't know enough about the
>  > history of the USB audio driver back that far to say so for sure.
>
> How can I find out for certain whether or not this is a problem in the Windows
> XP USB audio driver?

Ask Microsoft (if it's still possible).

If it works on all following OSes, the situation seems to be quite clear.
(It's not as if you could change any of the descriptor fields.)

I don't know of any 24-bit device without vendor drivers.

The following posts might be somewhat related:
//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/Sample-rate-problem-with-usbaudiosys,1
//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/USB20-High-speed-audio-device-for-windows-XP,8
//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/KMixer-handling-of-24b-audio-under-XP
//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/Asynchronous-USB-Rate-Change,2