[wdmaudiodev] Re: WaveRT weird problem

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:24:00 +0000

We've had trouble in the past with drivers claiming support for _NOTIFICATION
but not implementing it correctly.  The endpoint property was created to allow
drivers to doubly advertise support; if a driver claims support for
_NOTIFICATION but doesn't have the property key set, that's worth raising an
eyebrow over.  Windows 7 will revert to the non-_NOTIFICATION path.

Another possibility is that there's simply an alignment error.  When you use
the HD Audio driver, are you asking for the same size buffer?  Running
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/matthew_van_eerde/archive/2009/04/03/sample-wasapi-exclusive-mode-event-driven-playback-app-including-the-hd-audio-alignment-dance.aspx
 should help diagnose whether this is the issue.