[wdmaudiodev] Re: WaveRT weird problem

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:37:04 +0200

Hello Matthew,

Matthew van Eerde skrev 2011-10-26 17:44:
If you dump the endpoint properties for this device (with the Conexant driver)
do you see a PKEY_AudioEndpoint_Supports_EventDriven_Mode property with value 1?

I don't know, and I'm not sure I'll be able to test again with the PC (it's "flying away"
tomorrow), but as I said, KSPROPERTY_RTAUDIO_QUERY_NOTIFICATION_SUPPORT returns TRUE, which I guess
is the "horses mouth" with regard to the PKEY_AudioEndpoint_Supports_EventDriven_Mode
property (?)

I mean, I'm down in the WDM/KS dumps, so WASAPI Endpoint properties don't really concern me. But it
is a fact that Windows 7 somehow does "make it" to the device buffer, which I don't. The
docs say "Events are registered using KSPROPERTY_RTAUDIO_REGISTER_NOTIFICATION_EVENT _after_
successfully calling KSPROPERTY_RTAUDIO_BUFFER_WITH_NOTIFICATION" and that never happens,
which it acc. to KSPROPERTY_RTAUDIO_QUERY_NOTIFICATION_SUPPORT should (!)

Regards,
/Rob

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/matthew_van_eerde/archive/2011/06/13/how-to-enumerate-audio-endpoint-immdevice-properties-on-your-system.aspx