[wdmaudiodev] Need help in KS Topology Test - WinBlue, Wave test - Certification

  • From: Parinitha Kashyap <parinitha.kashyap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 16:22:19 -0700

Hi,

My driver is a virtual sound driver based on wavecyclic. I am running tests
on windows 10 RTM using the latest HLK software (v10.0.26624.0) and the
latest HLK filters. I am getting a failure in KS Topology Test - WinBlue in
the sub task 'KS Topology Filters\KS Pins\Check Processing Modes'. The
error is *'ERROR: Pin[00] : KSPROPERTY_AUDIOSIGNALPROCESSING_MODES is
required but not supported*'. When I ran this test on win 8 on the same
driver, it passed. Will Microsoft release filters to pass this test? Or is
this an extra requirement for the wavecyclic drivers on win 10 to have the new
DDI for audio signal processing modes implemented?

The same error occurs in wave test for the sub tests
'WDMAudio::WaveTest::TAEF_Render_VerifyRawOrDefaultProcessingSupported#4'
and 'WDMAudio::WaveTest::TAEF_Render_VerifyRawOrDefaultProcessingSupported#5'.
The exact error text for wave test is as follows: *FAIL: The pin 0 doesn't
support KSPROPERTY_AUDIOSIGNALPROCESSING_MODES*. As in KS Topology test,
the wave test passed on win 8 with the same driver.

I have attached a screenshot for the wave test.

Pls help.

Thanks,
*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap