[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need help in KS Topology Test - WinBlue, Wave test- Certification

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 10:38:57 -0700

wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes. I did exactly that :) But unknown device still shows up in the
'Other devices' category, not in the 'Sound, video and game...'
category. What does it mean by the error 'No drivers installed for
this device'. I think it is not able to find the tabletaudiosample.sys
file. Probably it expects the .sys file to be in a certain path and it
is not able to find it there?

Does the INF file mention tabletaudiosample.sys? If it does, then of
course it has to be present. All of the files mentioned in the INF (and
therefore checksummed in the CAT) must be in the same directory as the
CAT and the INF. Those files together make up the "driver package", and
the driver package must always be complete. The checksums ensure that.