[wdmaudiodev] Re: MediaPlayer improves USB DPC timing

  • From: "Dugan Porter" <duganp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:07:26 -0700

Calling timeBeginPeriod does indeed have the same effect as calling
ExSetTimerResolution.  This is actually documented, albeit rather
indirectly, at this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306828

As far as I know this is the only user-mode Windows API function that
does so.

Dugan Porter - Audio API Dev Lead - Microsoft
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights